If you’re a fan of optical illusions and pictures that make you do a double take, then you’re in for a treat. Make sure that you don’t have any important work to do later in the day, because these photos are going to require all of your mental energy. If you’re like me, you might need a nap after this one.
1. At first glance, it looks like he’s standing against a tree, looking out over the lake. That is, until you turn your head sideways. As the photo says, the lake is nonexistent.
2. What would you do if you were driving down the road and saw a giant grasshopper attacking the city? I personally would turn my wipers on to get him off of my windshield.
3. I’ve been staring at this photo for five minutes now, and I still don’t know where the other half of the dog is. Hopefully the magician comes back and puts him back together soon.
4. This meat looks out of focus, but it’s actually slices of meat layered.
I still blinked a few times to clear my eyes.
5. Someone was making cookies and the reflection looked like a giant cookie!
Now this actually blew my mind a little.
6. What do you think? Is this the world’s largest bird, or the world’s smallest man? That guy better watch where he’s walking, because he’s about to run into his worst nightmare.
7. Who knew a human and a dog could make an almost perfect Grumpy Cat?
Too bad Jeff Goldblum isn’t here, he could’ve mixed them up in a science experiment to check and just chilled topless for a couple hours.
8. I’ll save you the 10 minutes of brain-melting jamboree I went through and just tell you what’s going on here.
For whatever reason, this guy is tilting his head back super far and we’re looking at his beard.
Is he freaking us out on purpose?
9. This kid will never in his life be asked for an ID when he walks into a bar. What’s the opposite of baby face? Because whatever it is, he definitely has it.
10. This one might take you a second to figure out what’s strange about this photo, but as soon as you see what it is, it can be never be unseen.
11. The guy on the left has no shot at winning this fight. He’s up against Casper! Anytime he tries to punch, his hand will go right through that guy’s face.
12. Even when I stopped seeing this as an impressive line of spit, I thought it was a big straw.
So I just found myself getting even more confused until I finally realized I was looking at a railing all along.
If only I could read Portuguese.
13. If I were those people, I would back away, because they’re standing way too close to the edge. Actually, this optical illusion is just caused by the pattern of the carpet.
14. I’ve heard of a toilet-based art exhibit where someone mistook it for the real thing, but this seems like the opposite of that.
Even though it’s in a bathroom, I feel like using this toilet means I’m defiling some sort of modern-art masterpiece.
15. This windshield frost looks like a bird’s eye view of a wintry forest.
How did you interpret this picture at first?
16. Yikes, I think somebody’s giving light bulbs way more responsibility than they can handle here.
Like, I don’t think the store will take them back just because they didn’t alter my entire personality. Their only job is to light rooms, people.
17. This guy would never even need to leave the couch in order to get a drink out of the fridge! I wonder if his arms are elastic, or if they’re just always that long.
18. This photo is evidence that David Cameron can use magical powers to levitate. This one definitely takes a little extra concentration in order to figure out what’s actually going on here.